Stop searching for the perfect table and create one! Using a simple table from IKEA or any table that you choose, you can create a work of art with mosaic tiles and imagination!
These artsy mosaic tile tables can be as simple or as complex as the design you choose. Repurpose an old table or find a bargain at IKEA and have fun cutting the tile sheets in a pattern that complements your décor. For a more challenging project, use individual tiles to create a design that showcases your artistic style.
- Mosaic Tile Sheets – (Available from Wholesalers USA)
- Table (I used a table from IKEA)
- Tile Adhesive and Grout
- Grout Spreading Tool
- Bucket of Water and Rags
1. Arrange glass tile sheets on table top in desired pattern.
2. Cut tile sheets to fit and lay flat on table top.
3. Lift a tile sheet and apply a thin layer of adhesive to the top of the table.
4. Press glass tile sheet into the adhesive, pressing each tile individually to ensure they are even.
5. Continue with each tile sheet until all are adhered.
6. Wipe edges clean and allow to dry for 24 hours.
7. Using grout spreading tool, apply grout to the top of the tiles, pressing grout into all the cracks. Grout will shrink when dry, so make sure it is really pressed into.
8. Allow grout to dry for about 20 minutes.
9. Using a damp rag, gently wipe tiles clean. Be careful not to wash the grout from the cracks.
10. Continue to wipe tiles clean.
11. Let dry for 24 hours. If needed, a second layer of grout can be applied.