Using beach themed glass gems is a fabulous way to add pizzazz to old bottles or bright, colored bottles! This is a fast and easy project that can be created over and over again in different ways and is a great accessory in any beach themed room.
Using E6000, seashell, sun, colored glass gems and fish gems and other embellishments, you can create a beautiful bottle vase, accent piece, table setting, candle holder, and so much more! Create a fun ocean scene, add other summer accents, and make your summer crafting easy and one of a kind! These beautiful gems let the light shine through and add a fun touch to any project!
- Glass Gems and Glass Shapes (Available from Wholesalers USA)
- E6000 Adhesive (Available from Wholesalers USA)
- Glass Bottles
- Liquid Glass, Diamond Glaze or Clear Adhesive
- Paper and Other Embellishments of Choice
1. Clean bottle surface and allow to dry.
2. Lay bottle on its side and prop up in place using two bags of glass gems or other prop.
3. Arrange glass gems on bottle surface into desired design.
4. Apply a small amount of E6000 to the back of each gem and press into place. Hold for a few minutes until secure, and check each gem frequently to make sure they didn’t slide.
5. To create a 3-D bubble effect, use Liquid Glass or other clear adhesive directly on the bottle in a circular shape.
6. Allow to dry.
7. To create the paper tags seen on the set of three bottles, wrap a paper clip around a pencil for the ‘spring’. Print the desired word or picture and adhere to the spring with tape or glue. Place spring in cork.