This is one project the whole family can enjoy creating together and playing together! Beat the ‘Are we there yet?’ traveling blues with a rousing round of Tic Tac Toe! This game is guaranteed travel friendly with no little pieces to go missing and it stores neatly all in one small pan!
Large glass gems, magnets, paper, felt scraps, and E6000 are all that is needed for this fun project! Variations of this game can also be created for more family fun! Try a Checkers board, Chess board, or a homemade version of Connect Four!
- 5 X’s and 5 O’s (Can be stickers, cut from a Cricut, or hand drawn)
- Magnet Tape
- 8X8 Metal Baking Pan
- Hot Glue Gun
- 10 Extra Large Glass Gems in Two Colors (Available from Wholesalers USA)
- E6000 Adhesive (Available from Wholesalers USA)
- 10 Strong Magnets – 28mm (Available from Wholesalers USA)
- 2 Different Patterns of Paper (Available from Wholesalers USA)
1. Prepare your working area and ensure that you have all of your crafting materials.
2. Adhere the ‘X’s’ and ‘O’s’ to the patterned paper with any type of adhesive or a very thin layer of E6000.
3. Allow to dry then trim the excess paper from around the edges of the glass gems.
4. Apply a thin layer of E6000 to each of the large gems and place over top the ‘X’s’ and ‘O’s’, pressing firmly.
5. Allow gems to dry.
6. Cut two 8X1 inch strips of felt in each color. You can cut a notch in the ends of each if desired.
7 Adhere magnet tape to the back of each strip.
8. When gems are dry, apply a magnet to the back of each. A hot glue gun is recommended to avoid the paper thinning from the liquid adhesive. E600 can be used in a thin layer if preferred.
9. Now that the travel tic tac toe craft project is complete you can store pieces inside the pan!