Add beauty to your yard, patio, or window with these illuminating suncatchers! Gorgeous glass gems of any color can be used to create a one of a kind masterpiece. With only three materials needed, this is the perfect craft project for crafters of all ages and skill levels!
Kids will love creating various patterns and designs with glass gems! Simply fill a plastic lid with glue and let the creativity flow! Our translucent glass gems brilliantly glow when hit by the sun!
- Glass Gems (various sizes and colors) – (Available from Wholesalers USA)
- Clear Glue (Elmer’s clear gel or Weldbond is recommended)
- Plastic Lids
- Fishing Wire
1. **Optional** Design your suncatcher by placing the gems inside the lid in the pattern that you like.
2. Fill a plastic container lid with glue. Glue should just coat the bottom of the lid.
3. Place glass gems in the glue and give a gentle press. If all the gems are not touching, it is ok! They will still be adhered by the glue.
4. Allow the suncatcher to dry for 2-3 days. To expedite the drying process, a hair dryer may be used on a low setting.
5. When dry, carefully peel the suncatcher from the lid.
6. Thread fishing wire through a hole in the catcher and tie. If there are no holes, you can create one with scissors or a pin.
7. Hang and enjoy!