Hand painted Polish Eggs can be expensive and hard to find. Create your own version with our gorgeous Chiyogami origami paper and Mod Podge! Create these exquisite decorative eggs in two simple steps! This project is perfect for crafters of all ages and skill levels.
These decorative eggs are stunning and can be displayed all year long. With so many patterns of paper to choose from, you can create a beautiful and colorful display for any occasion! Simply cut the paper and adhere with Mod Podge! Voila!
- Chiyogami Origami Paper – 1 sheet per egg (Available from Wholesalers USA)
- Unfinished Wooden Eggs
- Mod Podge (matte or gloss)
1. Cut one sheet of origami paper into about six strips. Cut each strip into about four or five pieces. (There is no exact size.)
2. Using finger or a foam brush, apply a small layer of Mod Podge to the top of the wooden egg.
3. Place one piece of paper on the Mod Podged area and smooth down.
4. Apply a layer of Mod Podge to the top of the paper strip and smooth out and bubbles. Wrinkling is normal.
5. Continue applying paper strips by first applying a layer of Mod Podge, a piece of paper, and then another layer of Mod Podge.
6. Overlap paper pieces and smooth any bubbles that may form.
7. Once completely covered, allow to air dry.