Saving money has never been this fun! Get the family together to create this fun and unique bank that can later be used as a photo keepsake! Children and adults will love adding their own creative touch to our fabulous Krafty Bloks and watching the block fill with money as they inch closer to their saving goal!
Krafy Blok Banks are a positive way to engage kids in saving money and working towards a goal, whether it is saving for a bicycle, college, or special toy. The fun part about these Krafty Blok Banks is that adults and children alike can “see” their savings accumulate and keep them motivated to achieve their goal.
- Large Krafty Blok
- Hot Glue Gun
- Glue Dots or Other Clear Adhesive
- Paper, stickers, and Other Embellishments of Choice to Match Theme
1. Decide what theme you would like your block to display. Example: Disney, beach, college fund, dance class fund, etc…
2. Cut your paper to fit the back of the Krafty Blok – 7 inches X 7 inches.
3. Arrange embellishments on the paper, keeping in mind that they will eventually be covered temporarily. You may want to leave space for a photograph or keepsake.
4. Decorate the front of the block to coordinate with the embellished back.
5. Lay the Krafty Blok on its back on top of the embellished paper.
6. Adhere the back paper to the block using glue dots. Make sure the opening of the block is at the top!
7. Seal the back paper by applying a small bead of hot glue around the edge of the paper and smoothing with your finger. Be careful not to burn yourself!
8. If adding ribbon to the edge, use a hot glue gun and wrap the ribbon around the block, gluing it down in small segments.
9. Start saving your money!
**When you reach your goal, you can add a photo or keepsakes from your vacation/experience to display!