Making jewelry is fun and is great on-the-go project. Work on it while you wait in the car to pick up the kids or while you watch TV. Our gorgeous beads will help you create bracelets to match any outfit.
Teach your older children how to make these bracelets and they will be able to make gifts for friends, teacher, grandmothers, or other special people on their gift list. Stack bracelets are the new friendship bracelets!
- Beads of various sizes – I used our 4 mm and 6 mm faceted beads (Available from Wholesalers USA)
- Nylon string or embroidery floss (3 strands of floss)
- Leather Cord
- Beading Needle
1. Wrap leather cord around your wrist and double the length. (If making a wrap bracelet, wrap around your wrist 3 times and double it)
2. Cut about an arm length and a half of floss. (If making a wrap bracelet, double the amount)
3. Fold leather cord in half and tie a loop. Make sure the button fits snuggly inside the loop.
4. Remove the button and tape the loop to a hard surface.
5. Tie the floss to the top of the leather, right under the knot.
6. Thread the needle with the floss.
7. Weave the floss over the first leather strand and under the second.
8. Bring the floss back over the second strand and under the first. This will create a figure 8.
9. Repeat the weaving for about a half an inch.
10. With the floss under the second strand, place a bead on the needle and pull down to the end of the floss.
11. Place the bead in between the two leather strands and bring the floss under the first strand.
12. Loop the floss over the first strand and string another bead.
13. Continue the figure 8 pattern, weaving the beads in between the strands.
14. Change bead color as desired.
15. To finish the bracelet, repeat the 7th step, weaving a figure 8 pattern with the floss.
16. Tie a knot with the floss to secure the beads.
17. Thread one leather cord through the bottom of the button and back through another hole in the top.
18. Repeat last step with the other strand and the last two holes of the button.
19. Pull the button down the strands towards the bracelet.
20. Tie the two strands together to secure and cut off excess cord.