These brilliant glass gem snowflake ornaments are sure to add sparkle to any tree! Using popsicle sticks and hot glue, glass gems add a touch of sophistication to a traditional ornament project.
Glass gems can be embellished in limitless ways to enhance the style of the snowflake! Attach gems to children’s artwork with E6000 to preserve their art and display it proudly on your tree! Add E6000 or Diamond Glaze to the back of gems and cover in glitter for extra pizzazz! Origami paper, paint, stickers, photographs, and so much more can be added for a personal touch!
- 24 Clear Glass Gems (or colored gems) – (Available from Wholesalers USA)
- Origami Paper, Chiyogami Paper, Scrapbook Paper, or Other Image for the Snowflake – (Available from Wholesalers USA)
- E6000 Adhesive (Available from Wholesalers USA)
- 4 Popsicle Sticks
- Foam Paint Brush
- Craft Paint
- Hot Glue Gun
- Glitter (optional)
1. Paint each popsicle stick and allow to dry.
2. Place a small amount of E6000 to the back of each gem and place on top of paper image desired. Allow to dry.
3. Take two popsicle sticks and attach at the center perpendicular with hot glue. (Sticks should form a cross at the center)
4. Repeat last step with two remaining sticks.
5. Attach the two crosses at the center with hot glue, forming a star. (Or snowflake!)
6. Cut out each glass gem from the artwork you glued them to earlier.
7. Arrange gems on the sticks, starting with the lower sticks. Three gems will fit on each end of the sticks with 6 gems on the top stick.
8. Hot glue each gem to the popsicle stick arrangement.
9. Cut a 6 inch strip of ribbon and create a loop.
10. Hot glue the ribbon loop to the back tip of one popsicle stick.
11. Hang and enjoy!