Paperweights are not just for paper; they can become a unique, personalized desk accessory. Using just a few products and your creativity, make a paperweight for anyone who uses a desk! Our glass gems and figures add a colorful touch that can be tailored to anyone’s tastes!
Consider making a paperweight for your favorite teacher, doctor, secretary, nurse, student, etc. This is a great gift for the person who has everything. Resin casting is a great project that everyone can enjoy creating and giving!
- Glass Ggems of Various Sizes and Colors (Available from Wholesalers USA)
- Glass Shapes (Available from Wholesalers USA)
- Decorative Glass Animals (Available from Wholesalers USA)
- Resin Mold
1. Arrange gems and glass shape in pattern that you would like inside the resin mold.
2. Remove gems from mold.
3. Mix the resin and catalyst according to directions on label. (Make sure you are working in a well – ventilated area!)
4. Pour about 1/8 inch resin into mold.
5. Place gems and glass shape into the resin mold.
6. Pour enough resin over the gems to barely cover them.
7. Allow to dry for 45 minutes.
8. Place a second layer of gems on top of the first layer.
9. Mix a new batch of resin and pour the solution into the mold until all pieces are covered and/or you reach the top of the mold.
10. Allow to dry overnight.
*You may want to cover to prevent debris from sticking in the resin!
11. Peel back the mold and remove the paperweight.