Looking for a project that is easy on the budget, easy to create, and easy to change for each holiday or season? Look no further! This interchangeable glass gem centerpiece uses our exquisite glass gems and items that can be found at any dollar store!
By changing the color of the ribbon and/or glass gems, you can create one centerpiece to fit all the seasons! Because hot glue is semi-permanent, you can peel the ribbon off and add a new ribbon to suit your needs. Try a July 4th ribbon in the summer, a Christmas ribbon in the winter, a Fall themed ribbon in September, a green ribbon for March, or a blue ribbon for Chanukah! This centerpiece would also be the perfect display for your handmade ‘Polish’ eggs!
- Glass Gems of Assorted Sizes and Colors – (Available from Wholesalers USA)
- Clear Glass Gems (Standard or Mini size, or a mix) – (Available from Wholesalers USA)
- LED Tealights (Available from Wholesalers USA)
- E6000 Adhesive (Available from Wholesalers USA)
- Metal Pizza Pan or Cookie Tray
- Candle Stick or Vase
- 3 Glass Candle Votives of Various Sizes
- Spray Primer
- Spray Paint (white is used on demo)
- Wide Ribbon
- Hot Glue Gun
1. Spray prime the top and bottom of metal pizza pan.
2. When dry, apply first coat of spray paint. Allow to dry and apply a second coat.
3. Turn pizza pan upside down and find the center of the pan by measuring halfway with a ruler.
4. Apply a generous amount of E6000 to the rim of the candle stick, being careful to not let it run.
5. Apply candlestick to the bottom center of the pan and allow to dry. (Drying time should be at least an hour.)
6. While candlestick is drying, fill votives with clear glass gems and a tea light.
7. When candlestick is dry, use a hot glue gun to attach ribbon to the edge of the pan. Add a small amount of hot glue and press the edge of the ribbon onto the edge of the pan, a little at a time so that the glue doesn’t dry before the ribbon is in place.
8. Turn the pan and work your way around using hot glue to adhere the ribbon.
9. Scatter assorted glass gems on top of the pizza pan and place votives on top of pan.