Some paper is too pretty to be put in a scrapbook. Use our clear glass gems to enhance the beauty of your favorite paper and display it in your home to be seen every day! Our clear glass gems are perfect for showcasing the details and colors of any paper design! Simply wrap your canvas in your paper of choice, adhere gems with E6000, and voila’!
This beautiful artwork is so easy to make, you will want to create a canvas for every room in your home! This is a fabulous family craft and kids will love adding embellishments to make it extra special. You will have created a unique, one-of-a-kind art work without using a paintbrush!
- Clear Glass Gems (Amount varies depending on canvas size. I used 1-1/2 bags for an 11X20 canvas) (Available from Wholesalers USA)
- E6000 (Available from Wholesalers USA)
- Scrapbook Paper
- Canvas (any size will work!)
- Craft Wire
- Fabric Flowers, Rosettes, or Other Embellishments
- Hot Glue Gun
- Spray Adhesive
1. Align paper on canvas, making sure there is enough paper on the edge to wrap around the canvas edges.
2. Apply spray adhesive to the top of the top of the canvas and place paper on top.
3. Press paper onto canvas for a strong bond.
4. Wrap the edges around the canvas and hot glue into place.
5. Wrap the corners like a present and hot glue into place.
6. Apply a small amount of E6000 to the back of a clear glass gem, and press into place, starting at one end of the canvas.
7. Glue the clear glass gems onto the canvas in rows, working from one end to the other.
8. Allow gems to dry.
9. Arrange flowers and embellishments on canvas. If using wire, create a swirl by folding the end of the wire into a circle and wrap the wire around the circle to desired size.
10. Hot glue embellishments into place and you’re finished.