Everyone needs a little organization in their life, so why not create an organizer that fits your style? With this customized chalk board and cork board all in one, you can keep your life organized and do it with flair! Choose any fabric and paint color to match and décor or personal taste! Clear chalkboard paint allows your ‘true colors’ to show! Our tile trays make the perfect base for a corkboard and glass gems make the perfect one of a kind thumb tacks!
Need to leave a message or jot down a note without cluttering your desk, door, or wall? Need a place to store your recipes, calendar, grocery list, to do list, coupons, and bills but have no more space on your desk? This two in one hanging organizer can do it all! Simply hang and flip from one side to the other to keep track of everything important to you!
- Small Mosaic Tile Tray – (Available from Wholesalers USA)
- E6000 Adhesive (Available from Wholesalers USA)
- Cork Sheets
- Fabric (About 24 inches X 16 inches)
- Hot Glue Gun
- Spray Adhesive
- Drill and Drill Bit (9/64 bit)
- 24″ Ribbon
- Clear Chalkboard Paint
- Spray Paint Color of Choice
- Foam Brush
- Pen or Pencil
1. Holding the mosaic tile tray vertically, measure 4 inches in from both ends and mark to drill a hole. Using a 9/64 drill bit, drill two holes in the top of the mosaic tile tray, about 3/16 of an inch from the front edge so that the hole goes through the top and not into the board.
2. Spray paint tile board color of choice and allow to thoroughly dry.
3. Cut cork sheets to fit the tile tray. The sheets I used are 12×12 inches. I cut two sheets to be 6-1/2 inches in width. That leaves 3-1/4 inches by 13 inches on the bottom. I cut one sheet to be 12 X 3-1/2 inches and another 1 X 3-1/2 inch section.
4. Lay cork on a newspaper and spray generously with spray adhesive.
5. Carefully lay fabric, print side up, on top of cork and smooth from the middle out.
6. Flip cork over and wrap the fabric around the edges like a present. Adhere with hot glue gun or spray adhesive. Allow to dry.
7. Using clear chalkboard paint, paint the backside of the board using vertical strokes from top to bottom. Allow to dry about 20 minutes. Apply a second coat using horizontal strokes. Allow to dry.
8. Repeat previous step one more time to ensure you have enough chalkboard paint on the board.
9. Thread ribbon ends through the holes in the board, creating a large loop to hang. Tie the ends into knots and hot glue them to the inside of the board.
10. Apply a generous layer of E6000 to the inside of the tray and then apply a few beads of hot glue. Quickly place the fabric covered cork inside the tray and press to adhere. Cork should fit snugly.
11. Lay a book or something heavy on top of cork evenly while it dries.
12. Hang cork board/chalk board with a bulldog clip or magnet so it can be flipped!
**Pair with glass gems made into thumb tacks for an extra personalized look!**